Englewood Criminal Defense Lawyer
Defending Clients in Englewood
Being charged with a crime is a serious matter. If you are convicted, you could face severe penalties, including jail time, fines, and a criminal record that will follow you for the rest of your life. If you are facing criminal charges, you need to take immediate action to protect your rights and your future.
At the Law Office of Louis G. DeAngelis, LLC, we are committed to providing our clients with the aggressive and effective legal representation they need. Our Englewood criminal defense attorney has years of experience and has handled many cases. We know the law, and we know how to fight for you.
Our Criminal Defense Practice Areas
At the Law Office of Louis G. DeAngelis, LLC, we handle a wide range of criminal cases. Our Englewood criminal defense attorney has the experience and skill to handle even the most complex cases.
We represent clients in the following types of cases:
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Crimes
- Federal Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Violent Crimes
What Is the Criminal Defense Process?
If you have been charged with a crime, you are likely feeling overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. Understanding the criminal defense process can help you know what to expect and can help you make informed decisions about your case.
The criminal defense process typically involves the following steps:
- Investigation - During this stage, the police will gather evidence to determine if a crime has been committed and who committed it.
- Arrest - If the police believe they have enough evidence to charge you with a crime, they will arrest you. During the arrest, you will be taken into custody and will be read your Miranda rights.
- Arraignment - After you have been arrested, you will be arraigned. During the arraignment, you will be formally charged with a crime and will enter a plea.
- Pre-Trial - After the arraignment, the case will enter the pre-trial stage. During this stage, your attorney will review the evidence against you and will work with you to develop a strong defense strategy.
- Trial - If your case goes to trial, the prosecution will present their case against you, and your attorney will present your defense. After both sides have presented their case, the jury will deliberate and will return a verdict.
- Sentencing - If you are convicted, you will be sentenced. The judge will consider a variety of factors when determining your sentence, including the nature of the crime and your criminal history.
- Appeal - If you are convicted, you have the right to appeal. During the appeal, your attorney will argue that the trial was unfair and that the conviction should be overturned.
What Are the Penalties for a Criminal Conviction?
If you are convicted of a crime, you could face severe penalties. The penalties you face will depend on the specific crime you are convicted of and your criminal history.
Some common penalties for a criminal conviction include:
- Jail Time - The length of the jail sentence will depend on the specific crime you are convicted of and your criminal history.
- Fines - The amount of the fines will depend on the specific crime you are convicted of and your criminal history.
- Probation - While on probation, you will be required to follow certain conditions. If you violate the conditions of your probation, you could be sent to jail.
- Restitution - Restitution is money that is paid to the victim to compensate them for any losses they suffered as a result of the crime.
- Criminal Record - Having a criminal record can make it difficult to find a job, get a loan, or find housing.
Why Do I Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
If you have been charged with a crime, you need to take immediate action to protect your rights and your future. Hiring an experienced criminal defense lawyer is the best way to ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process.
At the Law Office of Louis G. DeAngelis, LLC, we are committed to providing our clients with the aggressive and effective legal representation they need. Our Englewood criminal defense attorney can help you understand the charges you are facing and will work with you to develop a strong defense strategy. We will fight to protect your rights and your future.
Your Side of the Story
From our office in Englewood, we serve greater New Jersey as well. Reach out today to set up your FREE consultation!
At Law Office of Louis G. DeAngelis, LLC, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our clients have to say about working with us.
Louis DeAngelis represented me in a few different cases with respect and professionalism. All the cases ended exactly the way they told me.- P.L.M.
For over 10 years I have used him for countless cases always with great satisfaction. On more than 10 occasions he has helped me resolve many different situations.- Z.A.
If you are in search of not only a great lawyer but a great person, Louis DeAngelis is the one! From the moment I contacted him about a car accident, he was professional and compassionate and kept me calm.- K.G.
If Louis takes your case, it is because he is confident that he can defend you and he will give you the best representation for your issue.- D.S.
Excellent in every way and I was not an easy client. So skilled and educated 1st class!!!!!! I was shocked at how well my ...- H.P.
I chose Louis Deangelis because he stood out amongst his competition in Bergen County. He was extremely thorough and ...- M.A.
The Law Office of Louis DeAngelis was an absolute pleasure to work with. The efficiency and speed with which this office ...- R.L.
Great service all around. Knows and understands the system and will treat you always as a first-class client. FIRST CLASS ...- A.O.